EXPLORE A WHOLE NEW WORLD!
The Paxtang Swatara Library offers great
selections of a wide-variety of books!
It’s easy to become a member of the Library!
Just stop in when the Library is open, fill out an application card and receive your library card. There is no fee to join the Library.
The Paxtang-Swatara Library is an all-volunteer organization that is funded by Swatara Township, the Paxtang Lions, and individual donations. The Library is not part of the Dauphin County Library system or government-financed. Donations are always welcome. If you would like to support the library, please send your check (payable to “Paxtang-Swatara Community Library”) to 3700 Rutherford St, Harrisburg, PA 17111. Thank you!
The Library’s collection of books ranges from current titles to old favorites for adults and children. New books are constantly being added. If you would like to suggest some books for the Library to purchase, please complete the Contact Us form.
There are over 2,500 books to choose from, including:
- Popular fiction from authors such as David Baldacci, Jodi Picoult, John Grisham, and Nora Roberts.
- A wide selection of mysteries from Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, Sue Grafton, and Jonathan Kellerman.
- Classic literature from Charlotte Bronte, Ernest Hemingway, and Mark Twain.
- Biographies about celebrities and historical figures, ranging from Hank Aaron to Norma Zimmer.
- Non-fiction topics like health, cooking, and history.
Children and Young Adult Books
The children and young adult sections consist of over 1,200 titles:
- Youngsters can enjoy old favorites such as Dr. Seuss, The Berenstain Bears, and Clifford, and newer characters like Sponge Bob and Dora.
- Our collection includes introduction books about colors, numbers, and ABCs.
- Young adults can choose from fiction, mysteries, history, science, and of course, popular series like Harry Potter, The Magic School Bus, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Goosebumps, and The Babysitter’s Club.
Books can be donated ONLY if approved by a board member; please do not drop off books at the library without checking first.
The Paxtang-Swatara Library is an all-volunteer organization that can always use more assistance, typically just two hours a month. Opportunities include:
- Staff the Library when it is open. This includes helping to check out/in books, and shelve any returned books. Training is provided.
- The Library is managed by a Board of Directors, which meets five times a year. Volunteers are needed when vacancies occur on the Board.
Reach out to us!